Last Updated: 7/13/2018
What is Ganymede’s Girls?
Ganymede’s Girls is a community geared towards gamers who identify as women, non-binary, and gender non-conforming. The community focuses on fostering a competitive drive to those that wish to improve individually and in a team environment. Our goal is to give women-aligned gamers a place to learn, practice and compete in a comfortable, safe community with other like-minded individuals. We emphasize teamwork, personal improvement, and working together to form a supportive network.
What does this Code of Conduct cover?
The code of conduct covers all comments and behaviors both inside and outside our Discord server. Members are expected to follow this code of conduct in all of their interactions with the overall Overwatch community on social media such as Reddit, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram regardless of whether the account identifies the user as a member of Ganymede’s Girls.
Welcome to Ganymede’s Girls! We are excited to have you here! Since we host a mixed group of people, we will be laying down some ground rules so everyone can have a good time.
- Ganymede’s Girls is a community geared towards gamers who identify as women, non-binary, and gender non-conforming.
- We strive to maintain a safe space for our members, particularly those who are BIPOC folks, and those who identify as 2SLGBTQ. Intersectional feminism guides our values as an organization.
- We understand that gender can be difficult to define and finding a welcoming space can be difficult. All members are welcome for as long as they are comfortable being in our community.
- Everyone is expected to treat others with courtesy and respect. This includes the way we speak to each other and what is being said. We have zero tolerance for discrimination based on gender, age, race, religion, sexuality, ableism. This includes any comments or behaviors that do not respect an individual’s identity.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Pronouns can be added as either a role, or an (s) for she/hers, (t) for they/them, or (h) for he/his added to the end of your nickname by requesting it of the admins or mods. Additional pronouns may also be added by requesting it of the admins.
- While we don’t expect content to be kept at PG (most of us are adults here), we ask that such things as pornography and such general content that is not appropriate to mixed company not be posted. Pictures, conversations, or comments making light of animal cruelty, rape, child/spousal abuse, sexual/gender discrimination, racism, and other topics of such nature will result in an insta-perma-ban, for both GG members and non-members alike. This is at the discretion of mods and admins. Decisions can be petitioned to an admin.
- If you are a new GG member, head on over to #introductions and introduce yourself! Tell us as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. Please limit intros to one post and bring Q&A and welcome messages to #general or #recruit
- There are many, many channels that are available exclusively for GG members. Please follow the above rules when posting in these channels, but also try to keep on topic in these. While we can often stray from the topic theme, we can all make an effort to say “Hey, let’s take this to appropriate channel.” Please refer to to the #gg-discord-guide to know what all the channels are for.
- Channels under “Open Channels” are open to everyone on the Discord server: GG Members, GG Recruits, Affiliate Teams, and Flock members. These are places to mix and meet other players/teams and share community events, tournaments, scrims, etc. We expect everyone to treat others with respect and courtesy.
- Within two open channels (#lf_scrim & #community_connections) there may be a small group of cisgender men who have been approved to join those channels. These individuals self-identify as men and are invited to post in these channels, as they have connections to the Overwatch and Esports community. These individuals are not members of the community but must abide by our Code of Conduct when engaging with our community members. We ask that these individuals be aware of their privilege, at all times. Any behavior that goes against our Code of Conduct will result in an insta-perma-ban at the discretion of mods and admins. This includes discriminatory comments, actions, and behaviors.
- Respect your teammates and scrim partners! This one cannot be emphasized enough. Remember that when you are playing under the name of GG you are representing your team and the organization. Flaming, trolling, targeted blaming and poor sportsmanship targeted at teammates and opponents will not be tolerated.
- If you are already on another team, you are ineligible to tryout for one of our GG core teams to prioritize members that don’t have one.
- If you wish to join a team outside of GG or an affiliate team, you must first resign your position as a core member of your GG team, however we ask that you do your best to complete your term.
- If you are part of a team or you are coaching or casting, follow through on your commitments. Not doing so will not only get you removed from a team, you will also be letting down the people counting on you.
- Smurfing and account sharing or boosting are not acceptable. Smurf accounts are permissible for practice but not in competition, scrims or league matches against other teams. You must declare a smurf account and you will be placed with the SR room and team of your highest ranked account. For more details about smurf accounts, see the player’s handbook.
- Have fun! It’s important to remember that this is, first and foremost, a game and that you should be having fun! Take your salt elsewhere. It is not acceptable to throw it at your team or scrim partners. If you have an issue with a captain or mod, it is unacceptable to air this in chat or in voice. Seek help from an admin or mod if you and the captain or mod cannot work it out in private.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the admins, your captains, or any of the mods. We are all very friendly and approachable. A comment dropbox can also be found in #gg-discord-guide
This guide is provided to all captains, mods, and admins. This is what we follow in order to ensure this space is safe and inclusive.
|1||First offense, mild offense||Private message/verbal warning|
|2||Second offense or moderate offense||Formal written warning|
|3||Third offense or moderate offense||One week suspension (this includes from all team activities)|
|4||Fourth offense or serious offense||Expulsion from team (or common room)|
|5||Fifth offense or severe offense||Expulsion from GG (in the form of a soft or perma-ban)|
Please note that all decisions are at the discretion of mods/admins and can be discussed through the appropriate channels. Disciplinary action is a private and personal manner and will not be discussed nor will screenshots be shared with the community at large. Individuals who were affected by any behaviors directly will be notified of the solution, but not the details.
Recruits are promoted once they have completed the requirements of showing up to practice consistently for two weeks and have shown your captains and teammates you are a team player. Recruits can also be promoted by having attended several weekend scrims or casting sessions, and have shown Bones you have what it takes, you have become involved helping out with the podcast or various other tasks, or the admins have seen you being an active member of the community. There is no one way to become a member!